PIPES AND DRUMS GENERAL INFORMATION
- Competitors must enter the Campbell River Highland Gathering events on-line and pay by credit card on Eventbrite.
- No paper entries or cheques will be accepted. If you do not have a credit card, you may use a Visa® Gift Card purchased at any of the following locations. In Canada: Vancity credit unions, Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmasave, 7-Eleven, and other retail outlets. In the USA: Wells Fargo, PNC Bank, US Bank, and other retail outlets.
- You need to print this information document in order to read the information, music and rules requirements on both pages.
- Complete all fields of the competitor information section.
Where tune submissions are required, (Band and Celts have Talent), tunes must be entered online or submitted to email@example.com before the entry deadline of July 1, 2018.
- No refunds. For questions regarding entries, contact 250 287 8807 attn Brian Shaw or firstname.lastname@example.org
Solo, Trio and Section Competitions begin 8:30 am August 11, 2018.
All events subject to time change.
For food service, there is a good selection of Kiosks nearby.
Gates open one hour before the competition starts.
Compulsory massed bands are scheduled for the Grand Opening at 12:30 pm and the closure at 4:30 pm
Bands are requested to be at the forming up points 15 minutes beforehand.
Band and “Celts Have Talent” contests begin at 1 pm.
These times are subject to change, dependent upon the number of entries received.
All spectators and performers will pay an entry fee of $5. Free for under 3.
Performer Admission Tickets and salmon BBQ tickets to are available for advance purchase.
Bands and “Celts Have Talent” participants are encouraged to perform at the BBQ and ensuing Ceilidh.
All pipers and drummers are encouraged to bring along their instruments other than bagpipes and pipe band snare drums (such as small pipes, uilleann pipes, whistles, bodhrans, guitars, etc) and play pipe tunes together in small groups on stage. Players planning to take part are encouraged to indicate so in their online entry.
All awards will be presented at the Ceilidh immediately following the Salmon BBQ.